Prudential Beazley Real Estate’s
Augusta, Georgia is known nationwide as “the home of the Masters golf tournament,” but it’s so much more!
- Employers: The biggest area employer is Fort Gordon, which puts 30,000 military and civilian employees to work. Augusta is also a hub for biotechnology and medicine. The Medical College of Georgia / Georgia Regent’s University and area health care facilities account for over 25,000 local jobs. The city also welcomes teachers, sales associates, civil engineers, and social service workers with open arms. Get the full list of top Augusta employers here.
- Homes: Housing prices are relatively low in Georgia, compared to other states. Most single family residences fall between $150,000 and $250,000, but we offer homes for every budget. Augusta boasts a wide variety of housing styles, as well as a good mix of old and new neighborhoods. Search Homes for Sale in Augusta.
- Recreation: Augusta residents love strolling along the Riverwalk area’s scenic paths, museums, gardens and concert pavilions. The Augusta Canal offers biking, picnicking and kayaking opportunities. Golf is a big part of the Augusta lifestyle as well. We have music venues for everything from jazz and ballet to rock and salsa. Must-see events include the Renaissance Fair and Friday art fests. Check out the Augusta event calendar here.
Welcome to Thoroughbred County! Learn more about Aiken, South Carolina, home of the Triple Crown.
- Employers: Our largest area employer is the Department of Energy who employs more than 8,000 workers at the massive Savannah River Site nuclear facility. Kimberly-Clark, manufacturer of health and hygiene products, employs over 1,800 people and Bridgestone Tires accounts for 1,000 local jobs. Our manufacturing hub offers hundreds of jobs in the high-performance materials processing, aerospace, shipping, textile, valve manufacturing, and aluminum die casting industries. Aiken is the site of important customer service centers for UPS, Urban Outfitters and others. Get the full list of Aiken employers here.
- Homes: Aiken is a versatile real estate market that offers cozy starter bungalows to multi-million-dollar executive mansions. On average, you can expect to pay around $125,000 for a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home, but fixer-uppers are available for as low as $30,000. The most spectacular Aiken estates offer 7,000 square feet of space with a vast amount of acreage for nearly $4 million. The historic town center is full of Southern charm and grace, but there are also many newer master planned communities that offer just the right balance of rural atmosphere and modern amenities. Search Homes For Sale In Aiken.
- Recreation: Aiken is a wonderful place for people who love the great outdoors – with 14 parks and over 300 acres of wide open space. Here you can catch a polo match, take a pottery class, join a community baseball team, or shop the local farmers’ market. We have bluegrass festivals, chicken wing festivals and historic tours. Check out the Aiken event calendar here.
- More Resources: Click here to download the Official Aiken SC Visitor’s Guide.
Relocating To Columbia County
Columbia County, Georgia is a thriving place to live, with a population growth of nearly 40 percent since the 2000 Census. Come see why everyone is moving to our neighborhoods!
- Employers: The county economy represents a diverse mix of government, medical, military, professional and light industrial jobs. We’re home to the central headquarters of world-class firms like John Deere, Club Car and Seta. The health care industry is the largest area employer, but other leading job-makers include Sitel Corporation, Shivers Trading & Operating Co, and Temple-Inland Forest Products. CNN Money magazine and U.S. News & World Report have both ranked Columbia County among the highest standards of living in the area.
- Homes: Over half of the housing stock in Columbia County has been built since 1990, so there is a great selection of new builds in master planned communities. These new estates have been built in classic architectural styles — on spacious lots, down quiet, tree-lined streets, with much green space preserved. The developers have made it their mission to preserve the Southern charm and culture, while providing buyers with all the modern amenities, features, and conveniences they desire. We can also show you some of the older, more historic properties as well if that type of home speaks to your love of antiquities.
- Schools: Columbia County schools are in the top 10 percent of the state’s 164 districts. SchoolDigger.com ranks all five high schools in Georgia’s top 20. The average SAT score of 1560 exceeded the national average. So families can feel comfortable moving to this prestigious school district.
- Recreation: Buyers are drawn to this area’s wonderful natural resources, which include miles of cycling and hiking trails, the historic Augusta Canal Heritage Area, Strom Thurmond Lake, Clarks Hill Lake, and plenty of disc golf parks. Fun annual events like the Laurel and Hardy Festival and Independence Day fireworks at Patriot’s Park are not to be missed!
- Awards: Columbia County has been the recipient of many nation awards, including: #32 “Best Places To Live” – Evans (CNN Money Magazine, 2005); #9 “Most Affordable Homes” – Evans (CNN, 2008); #25 “Most Affordable Homes” – Martinez (CNN, 2008); #19 “Best Places For Job Growth” – Columbia County (CNN, 2008); and “Ten Best Towns For Families” – Evans (Family Circle Magazine, 2009).
- More Resources: Click here to get info on Columbia County utilities, newspapers, health clinics, DMVs & more.
- More Resources: Click here to get the official Columbia County Resource Guide.
- Read more about why Columbia County, GA is “the place to be.”
- Contact us to discuss your big move!
There are many decisions to make and tasks to carry out when you’re relocating somewhere new. It can seem overwhelming at times, so it helps to have a friend during the process. Avoid frustration and save time using our free resources. Simply email us a request for the complementary Easy Moves magazine, which contains helpful checklists and articles to facilitate an easy move from start to finish.
We can assist you with the following:
- Home repairs
- Home inspections
- Home warranties
- Home security systems
- Utility connections
- Change of address
- Moving services
- Pet boarding
- And more!
Don’t go it alone. It would be our pleasure to assist in making your move as carefree as possible. Please contact Prudential Beazley Real Estate for more information on relocating to Augusta, Aiken, or the surrounding area at 706-863-1775.